Restoring Gun Rights

Law Office of Igor A. Shapiro


We are proud to say our team has extensive experience in successfully restoring gun rights for our clients. Please feel free to call or e-mail us with any questions. Get a free consultation today.


What court we’ll file your motion in:

According to RCW 9.41.040(4)b), you must file your petition to restore your firearms in one of these two courts:

The “court of record” that took away your firearm rights
The superior court in the county in which you reside
The superior court is the only court of record in Washington. You cannot file a motion to restore your firearms rights in the district court or the juvenile court.

You don’t have to go to court:

The standard filing fee in most Washington courts for filing a gun rights restoration motion $1500.

There may be additional fees to obtain law enforcement or court records, depending on your case.

You don’t have to go to court:

This depends on the jurisdiction. In some courts, you will have to appear.

If you have an attorney, you will rarely if ever have to appear. This is probably the biggest reason to consider hiring an attorney to handle your case.

Once your rights are restored:


You can own, carry, and operate firearms


You are eligible to apply for a concealed pistol license


The right to go hunting with a firearm for sport


The right to go shooting for target practice

Let’s Get Your Rights back